At this time, disability form completion is not a service that Frida can offer virtually.
To qualify for disability status, a patient must meet the following criteria:
- Unable to perform mental functions necessary for everyday life, or it takes 3 times longer than someone of similar age who does not have the impairment (even with appropriate therapy, medication and devices)
- Impairment is present >90% of the time
- Impairment is expected to last >12 months
Given that Frida treats mild to moderate ADHD and the goal of treatment is to reduce impairments caused by ADHD symptoms, Frida patients would not meet criteria for disability. If you are seeking this status of condition, we recommend you connect with your general practitioner.
We can offer a standardized letter of support if you have received a diagnosis of ADHD from Frida. If you are interested in this letter, please request one from your clinician during a follow-up appointment or our care team with your request.
Any Disability forms including, but not limited to the following:
- Employment Insurance sickness benefits
- Short term disability Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- CPP Disability
- Disability Tax Credit
- StudentAidBC Appendix 8
- Alberta Disability Verification Form Students with Permanent or Persistent or Prolonged Disabilities